Skip to product information
1 of 1


Jane Eyre, Fleurie

Jane Eyre, Fleurie

Regular price £37.00 GBP
Regular price Offer price £37.00 GBP
Offer Sold out
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Jane Eyre, Fleurie

Wine Info

Origin- France

Region- Beaujolais

Grapes- Gamay

Type- Red

Style- Refreshing and elegant juicy, fruity red

Alcohol- 14%


Bright ruby in colour. The nose is bursting with aromas of juicy raspberry and blackberry, floral nuances and subtle hints of liquorice and spice from the stems. On the palate fine-grained tannins give structure and a lifted acidity carries the intense flavours onto the lingering finish.

The hand-harvested Gamay underwent a rigorous sorting upon arrival at the winery. Fermentation with 60% whole bunches took place in stainless steel with several light pumpovers and punchdowns done by winemakers physically getting into the tank. Once fermented to dryness, the wine was racked off the skins and aged in a combination of used 500-litre oak barrels, stainless steel and ceramic tanks for around five months. The blend was assembled in March and then lightly filtered and bottled in May 2023.

Jane sources 80% of the Gamay for her Fleurie from a single parcel called 'Les Labourons'. The 95-year-old bush vines produce incredibly low yields and sit at approximately 300 metres above sea level on granite soils. The remaining 20% of the blend comes from 50-year-old Gamay vines in top lieu-dit 'La Madone' - expected to be granted 1er Cru status in the upcoming classification of Fleurie vineyards. All of the bunches are hand harvested.


View full details